National Novel Writing Month
Every year, during the month of November, thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds participate in the biggest novel-writing “contest” ever: National Novel Writing Month. During this event participants are tasked with writing a 50,000-word novel (or longer, if possible) between midnight November 1st and 11:59 PM November 30. At about 1,667 words per day, this is no easy feat, but those who succeed find the process quite fulfilling. Just last year, this event drew 101,510 participants and produced 15,333 individual novels.
In support of this effort, and with the added goals of raising awareness of the Amazon Kindle and getting as many of these great novels available on the Kindle store as possible, Kindle Formatting is offering a special deal to all NaNoWriMo participants:
I will format your NaNoWriMo novel for the Kindle for only $40!
That's right — regardless of the size of the novel, the total charge for the conversion and formatting is only $40. Here is what that includes:
- Conversion and formatting: First and foremost, you get a beautiful, professionally-formatted Kindle book file, which can be uploaded to the Kindle Store via the Amazon Digital Text Platform for publication.
- Linked Table of Contents: I will create Table of Contents (if not already included) and link it to the chapters in your book for easy navigation.
- Up to 3 images: This offer includes a maximum of 3 images. More images can be included for $5 each.
Okay, the small print:
- NaNoWriMo participants only: You must be a registered participant in the event.
- NaNoWriMo content only: The novel must be a “winner” written during and submitted to the competition. If you have other books you would like formatted for the Kindle, they will be charged at the normal rates.
- Word documents: To ensure easy conversion and proper formatting, I will only accept books in the Microsoft Word format. If you don't have Word, you can use the free, open source OpenOffice software to save the file in the .doc format. Files in .docx (Word 2007) format are also fine.
- Expiration: This offer expires on December 15, 2008.
- Limited to the first 100 books: Due to the inevitable load (and the fact that I'm pretty sure I can't finish 15,000 books in such a short amount of time) I am going to limit this offer to the first 100 individuals who send me their books. If I find that the load is not as hard to handle as I thought, I will increase this limit.
- Editing/proofreading not included: While I always end up fixing a small error or two in the books I format, I do not provide editorial or proofreading services.
So, are you a NaNoWriMo participant? Is your novel finished? Want to preserve a slot? If so, please contact me, choosing NaNoWriMo from the Contact Reason dropdown, and we can get started.
Best wishes to all the National Novel Writing Month participants!
The Pro-Am Murders (Dion Quince)
Jumble Pie: A Novel
Thaddeus T. and Barnaby
Washington State Road Atlas
OH BOY! The Life and Music of Rock 'n' Roll Pioneer Buddy Holly
Sodium Bicarbonate - Rich Man's Poor Man's Cancer Treatment
Power Path to Love
www.kindleformatting.com is a quick, economical, and very high quality file conversation service. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to publish their work on Amazon's Kindle.